Ann Coulter on the French Revolution I have to confess–my first thoughtful reading touching the French Revolution, the time when I really understood the horror of period in French history, was when I taught my gifted reading students, A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. ZOOM ALL OUT
I’ve never forgotten that first reading and today I still consider it one of Dickens’ best novels. New Balance 1300 hombre nike air max 2016 goedkope Air Max 87 buy albion gold Now, many years later, I came into possession of Ann Coulter’s Demonic: How the Liberal Mob is Endangering America. Nike Store Italia Two chapters in that fine read deal specifically with the French Revolution, and one chapter contrasts our own American Revolution with the French. Los Angeles Lakers Coulter’s two chapters dealing with the French Revolution were so powerful and affected me so deeply that I had to read them twice. Joe Panik Jersey Asics Gel Lyte 3 Donna Rosa
asics gel lyte pas cher cheap albion gold They were disturbing, not only because of the vivid horror of the French Revolution she portrays so well, but also because the comparison to our own country frightened me by showing the abuses I knew could easily occur today. Markus Kuhn Nike Paris albion silver The seed of the mindset that created the French Revolution has been scattered throughout our own society. ROSHE RUN Nike Air zoom Pegasus 31 damskie Here’s a few observations I drew from the chapters:
- There was no logic to the chronology of the French Revolution. Nike Air Max Baratas Eddie George Titans Jerseys buy albion silver Coulter argues this is because it was a mob event, and mobs do not operate by logic. Fjallraven Kanken Kids Air Max Pas Cher Mobs are irrational.
- The mobs of the French Revolution were fueled by rumors and gossip.
- The French Revolution mobs were anti-secular. ADIDAS PURE BOOST
- Lawful authorities (law enforcement of the French society) were targeted. The mob had no fear of punishment, so the mobs ran wild.
- Beautiful and priceless monuments, statues, and art were destroyed because they offended those in the mobs.
- Even the leaders of this revolution were not safe as other leaders and the mobs turned on them. Air Jordan 7 (VII)
- AIR MAX THEA
- Anyone who questioned the excesses and course of events was deemed unpatriotic and paid the price.
- The French Revolution was nothing like ours.
buy albion gold Mobs can love someone one minute and hate the person the next.